Skip to content
Graduate Students

Graduate students can study abroad!  Programs are available from ten days to a full academic year. 

Faculty-led programs offering graduate credit:

Summer, Semester or Full Academic Year - Programs offering undergraduate credit may also be available for graduate credit;  additional work (e.g. an extra project) may be completed to receive graduate credit.  Please work with your department and the Office of Study Abroad and Outreach to see if this is an option for you.  The following programs are a few examples where graduate credit is available.

ISEP (numerous locations)

Ewha Womans University (South Korea)

Independent Study, Research or Internship - Graduate students can complete an independent study while studying abroad.  Please contact the Office of Study Abroad and Outreach for more information about an Internship

Opportunities for further study:

U.S. Student Fulbright Program:  If you are considering continuing your graduate studies, conducting research abroad, or teaching English abroad, the U.S. Student Fulbright Program offers grants and scholarships.  If you are interested in finding out more about Fulbright, please contact Ehren Kuzekov, WIU's Fulbright Program Adviser, at 309-298-2504.